Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday, September 18 Nairobi

I feel so humble and blessed!  We have completed our second day of training for the Breastfeeding Support Program Kenya - Peer Counselor Training.  This event is serving two program goals: training more Nairobi based peer counselors and also training program facilitators.  As I sat and observed previously trained peer counselors facilitate training new breastfeeding counselors my heart wanted to pop!!!!  WOW!  These ladies are excellent facilitators!!  Only God could bring such fruit in this program.
 






 Our participants are stellar.  They are giving four full days to the training which prepares them to serve as VOLUNTEERS to serve breastfeeding mothers in Kenya.

  I have had my first distribution of Nacham Blankets!   They will go to Nakuru Kenya with Lydia K.  to be given to bereaved mothers.  Lydia is also taking Baby Bonnets to give to the mothers of preterm babies. 

Today was a heavy day of training and my brain is beginning to shut down.  

My body is still trying to decide which time zone it likes!
 
Please contiue to pray and give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment